Req ID: 23664
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants . We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together . The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise, testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio's annual Top Workplaces survey . Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together .
The Engine Oil Testing Engineer interacts closely with the Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle Engine Oil Segments to understand product approval and differentiation needs and ensure that Mechanical Testing activities and resources are appropriately deployed to support the needs of the business segment. This includes providing engineering support to the lab operating team, coordination of work from internal and external service groups, new test development, interpretation of test results and technical presentations to global OEM's, partners, customers and internal colleagues.
Engineering Support and Project Management:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine oil test methods for lubricant product development and product differentiation.
- Interact with the oil segment technical and commercial teams to develop testing strategies which best support business growth objectives.
- Provide regular updates to business segments on technical and project achievements as well as hurdles and issues.
- Apply engineering skills and knowledge in the development of new tests and test procedures.
- Ensure that projects are aligned with business goals and there are agreed-upon milestones, dates, and accountability.
- Review project performance at milestones and ensure accountability to deliver agreed upon results.
- Apply financial knowledge and methods to evaluate testing opportunities and strategies to support the business while maximizing utilization of testing assets and return on capital investments.
- Leverage trends in customer industries/marketplaces to shape solutions and approaches for the customer.
Support Division and MT Department Goals:
- Track Division and MT Department goals and the group's progress against them.
- Support processes that ensure operating flexibility in response to customer demands.
- Interact with laboratory operations, data acquisition and control, and other resources.
- Effectively coordinate these resources to ensure optimum test performance (cost, quality and linkage to business objectives).
- Review project progress, issues, roadblocks and successes with the engineering manager on a Partner across technology groups [Passenger Car, Driveline, Industrial] striving for consistency in processes and Best Practice sharing when practical.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical engineering preferred.
- General knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine oil systems and the OEM's that build these systems.
- Be able to conduct data analysis and provide conclusions and/or recommendations for improvement in the test area.
- Provide clear, concise and timely reports reviewing the pertinent details, status and results of all test activities.
- Effectively communicate (written and oral) with colleagues and internal/external customers.
- Respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities and obstacles.
- Able to present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives that advance the business strategy.
- Coach and mentor for Technical Facilitators and Lab Technicians.
- May require occasional domestic travel and infrequent international travel.
- Requires use of appropriate PPE, Personal Protective Equipment, to fulfill safety requirements.
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Previous experience in engine oil testing.
- Co-op or previous work experience in Mechanical Engineering field.
DOMESTIC RELOCATION AVAILABLE
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play . This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio .
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.