Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Job ID: BDH20171101-37880
Orbital ATK is currently hiring a Project Employee Manufacturing Technician.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
• Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures.
• May report status/progress and interface with other employees and departments.
• Tooling preparation and release application.
• Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
• Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
• Execute to written instructions.
• 0-2 Yrs. experience with close-tolerance assembly work (eg electronics assembly, mechanical assembly, modeling) or other equivalent experience.
• 0-2 Yrs. experience in a composites/manufacturing environment (space/satellite structures, aerospace manufacturing environment preferred) and/or specialized education included in or post HS such as an applicable certification or AA degree.
• Mechanical aptitude and strong attention to detail required.
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for quality excellence.
• Able to read, write and follow written instructions in English.
• Proficient use of basic arithmetic.
• Ability to multitask.
• Must have Basic computer skills.
• Excels in a team environment.
• Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to be standing upright for up to 8+ hours each day.
• Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
• US Citizen
• Active clearance or ability to obtain clearance, preferred.
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products - and your ideas - into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you'll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
San Diego CA, United States of America
1/12/2017 6:21:24 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.