- The Associate Engineer will contribute to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and test of complex control hardware used on military, commercial and NASA vehicles and equipment. The products of Moog generally are unique for each customer. Therefore, most new applications require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs always should be considered where appropriate. The Associate Engineer will operate as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers. The incumbent may be assisted by drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- In the early stages of a new program, the project team will consult with the customer, establish the problem statement, conceive of potential hardware solutions to the problem, often through extensive trade studies, and then create a successful technical proposal. This phase is critical in that it
- establishes the basis for future design, and for contract negotiations. Under the technical direction of the team's lead Engineer, the Associate Engineer will then contribute to the evolution of the conceptual design, technical project planning, detail design, and development testing, using prescribed methods, performing specific portions of the overall program effort. For training and developmental purposes, the incumbent may receive assignments that include some work that is typically of a higher level.
- To be considered for the position of Associate Engineer, a candidate should have a minimum of a BS Degree, preferably in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering. To fulfil the demands of design and development of new products the individual must show self starting instincts, an aptitude for creative synthesis, and the ability to utilize and quickly learn advanced design and/or analysis techniques. A basic knowledge of closed loop control systems, mechanical hardware design, and good communication skills are also desirable.
- Minimum of a BS Degree, preferably in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering.
East Aurora, New York, United States of America
4/21/2017 8:03:25 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.