Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Req ID: 91757
- Leads the hardware development of audio head units and technology for In-Vehicle infotainment systems, including the Embedded application of Navigation, Voice Recognition, GPS transceivers featuring wireless connectivity through Bluetooth, WiFi, and Cellular connections.
- Leads product design reviews.
- Design of reference schematics & layout implementations for circuits used in infotainment products such as class A/B and Class D amplifiers, LCD displays, vehicle networking, wireless connectivity & communications.
- Manages the electrical production BOM's. Updates & Releases BOM's using Harman's configuration management & PLM systems.
- Provides technical responses to customer RFI & RFQ's.
- Design, analyze, specify, and characterize electrical circuits and determines their performance characteristics using SPICE, Sabre, Hyperlynx, and other engineering CAE analysis tools.
- Realization of system designs, schematics and/or schematics integration of hardware applications in the range of medium to high complexity under consideration of Harman guidelines
- Supports the development and review of FMEA's.
- Assisting in the realization of customer requirements and specifications (RFC, RFI, RFQ), product test plans, and production QA processes as needed to ensure the development and manufacture of quality transceivers.
- Technical support for the industrialization of function items in an international environment.
- Assist in the mitigation of radiated & conducted emission issues associated with EMC/EMI conformance testing of automotive products.
- Mentors & Develops engineering talent.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or related field) .MSEE with a concentration in RF technology is desired.
- Knowledgeable on industry standards, specifications, supported profiles, and device classes for RF communications utilized in automotive infotainment and/or consumer electronic applications.
- 4-6 years of experience as a RF circuit design engineer in the development of analog and digital circuits and the system implementation of RF application modules and chipsets. Proficient in RF engineering principals, network modelling, and RF performance evaluation. Experience in the deployment of RF technologies in automotive applications is a plus.
- Satellite receivers
- Bluetooth (2.1 and higher, EDR)
- WiFi (a/b/g/n)
- Cellular telephone (CDMA, GSM, LTE)
- GPS receivers (GPS, Glonass, Galilelo)
- Military/Spread spectrum communications
- ISM band wireless data links
- A high level knowledge of tools for schematic/layout realization along with analog and RF simulation (eg Mentor ECAD tools, Designer
& DxDesigner, Schematic capture, SPICE or Saber analog simulators, ADS, Eagleware, HyperLynx ...) as well as Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Automotive EMC requirements including CISPR-25, FCC part 15, ISO 11451, etc.
- Knowledgeable on the use of RF test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, modulation & audio analyzers, and directional couplers.
- Ability to troubleshoot typical RF transceiver issues such as transmitter power optimization, sensitivity, selectivity, spurious distortion, out of band rejection, VSWR minimization, insertion losses, impedance matching, and phase locked loop stability,
- Structured goal and result oriented working style.
- Ability to lead the deployment of RF technology in a product development team environment.
- Lead internal design reviews with product design team and participate in external reviews with customers and vendors.
- Strong communication skills. Good knowledge in spoken and written English.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects/initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
- Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
- Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
- Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- MBA Preferred
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson ® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company's software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 29,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $6.7 billion during the last 12 months ended March 31, 2016. The Company's shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN!
Novi MI, United States of America
1/11/2017 11:48:32 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.