Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Requisition ID: 180896
Supervises the surveillance activities of assigned Area Supplier Quality Specialists and administers applicable policies, procedures, and quality objectives within specified regional boundaries. Manages workload assignments among regional personnel. Monitors and evaluates the performance of regional personnel and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Organizes and directs regional supplier quality staff; manages regional workload among personnel; assures the assignment of the most technically appropriate Area Supplier Quality Specialist to each quality surveillance assignment, based upon commodity and supplier experience; manages costs of services, including personnel travel costs and time; ensures the safety of Supplier Quality personnel performing shop quality surveillance activities.
- Supervises and monitors assigned Supplier Quality personnel during the performance of quality surveillance activities to assure proper, consistent and safe performance, as well as the timely execution of administrative responsibilities and management of cost of services. Verifies that work is performed in accordance with published guidelines and procedures.
- Administers policies and procedures, interprets their meaning for assigned personnel and monitors their implementation by Supplier Quality personnel to verify that policies and quality objectives are known, understood, and properly implemented.
- Interviews applicants and recommends the selection of new hires to the Supplier Quality Manager or relevant assigned manager. Provides orientation, indoctrination, training, and supervisory guidance and otherwise directs the development of new hires to assure that Supplier Quality personnel meet job requirements.
- Administers Supplier Quality personnel certification examinations and documents qualification for certification of personnel.
- Recommends annual salary actions within guidelines and submits recommendations to the Supplier Quality Manager. Conducts annual performance reviews for assigned personnel, and career discussions as delegated by the Supplier Quality Manager.
- Reviews supplier's quality history and resolution of repetitive quality related problems encountered during manufacturing. Recommends corrective action to prevent recurrence, and provides input to recommendations for placement of future orders.
- Provides materials and/or makes recommendations to the Supplier Quality Manager for training programs needed for the development of Supplier Quality personnel. Conducts formal and informal training programs to develop Area Supplier Quality Specialists.
- Monitors the administrative and technical performance of third party agency quality surveillance contractor personnel to assure that Corporate Supplier Quality Manual and Procedures and quality surveillance assignment instructions are implemented.
- Possesses ANSI/ASME Level II certification and is capable of meeting all the requirements of a Level I certification. As a Level II, is capable of:
- Planning inspections and tests
- Setting up tests, including preparation and setup of related equipment
- Supervising or maintaining surveillance over the inspections and tests
- Evaluating the validity and acceptability of inspection and test results
- Possesses technical proficiency and aptitude to facilitate monitoring of manufacturing and testing processes, performance of hands-on inspection and review of technical documents. Demonstrated ability in the application of technical document requirements to capital equipment and materials purchases.
- Prior supervisory experience or training in personnel evaluation and administration, assignment and monitoring of workloads and in supervision and training of technical personnel.
- Previous in-shop quality surveillance or related experience with equipment or materials common to the Bechtel marketplace.
- Certification as an ISO or ANSI auditor as a requisite for lead auditor/auditor activities.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Houston TX, United States of America
1/10/2017 2:00:11 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.