Beech Brook, one of Northeast Ohio's premier behavioral health agencies, is currently hiring Visitation Coaches. Desired candidates in this role will have the ability to effectively use nurture modelling and instruction techniques to coach parents that are involved with Department of Children and Family Services (DC&FS). This role will require individuals to teach parents (both adult and teen parents) in a one-on-one setting. Ability to establish positive relationships and engage parents in the process. Qualified candidates must have the ability to assist parents to identify and meet the developmental needs of their children. Flexible hours are required, including evenings and Saturdays. A minimum of an associate's degree in family studies, child development or related field preferred, or 3 years of equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. These positions will be less than full time work hours (less than 40 hours) with the need of availability being from 8a-8p; and required availability evenings and weekends. As an on-call/PRN position there is no guarantee of hours. Applicants must have a valid driver's license with less than 5 points.
Essential Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Ability to effectively use nurture modelling and instruction techniques to coach parents that are involved with Department of Children and Family Services (DC&FS).
- Provide services to families in their home as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Using effective and nurturing methods to establish parent communication
- Working knowledge of parent/education skills, and basic child development
- Demonstrated ability to model effective interactions in a cross cultural situations
- Demonstrated ability to model effective communication in a cross cultural situations
- Ability to demonstrate engagement, assessment, and planning with the parents that we serve
- Associates Degree family studies, child development or related field or 3 years of equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
- 3 years of experience working in child welfare
- Valid Ohio driver's license with no more than 5 points
- Knowledge of community resources and comfortability in the home setting
- Skill in using computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
- Experience working with diverse populations with complex needs
- Passion for working with families in the community
- Ability to work a rigorous schedule
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable in order to meet the needs of the family
- Experience working with clients in inner city homes
- Experience working with medical records
Beech Brook is a Trauma Informed Care Organization that values employees with appreciation for the impact of trauma and its relevance to the agency's clients and staff.
Beech Brook is an equal opportunity employer.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
4/21/2017 8:03:24 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.