CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
This Lead Relationship Manager position is responsible for growing account revenue from a defined segment of one of the largest global banking institutions headquartered in the USA. The primary focus of the Relationship Manager is to cultivate and maintain strong relationships at all levels up to and including the C-Suite, keeping CenturyLink and its full hosting product set, (Colocation, Hosting, Managed Services, Cloud, Grid, Big Data, etc.), foremost in the minds of our contacts within the designated account. Creative problem solving, Consultative selling, strong communication skills and an ability to manage a large team of specialists working in a Matrix reporting structure, to move large deals from inception to closure, with problem free installations, are key requirements for success in this role.
- Prospects on a continual basis to identify, qualify, and close high quality net new business.
- Achieve or exceed monthly revenue targets.
- Ensure and maintain minimum funnel goals are met or exceeded.
- Strategically leads internal resources to develop and execute successful pursuit plan.
- Owns the account strategy and sales opportunities
- Drives upsell into the customer
- Develops Relationships with CXOs and understands customer's strategic direction
- Monitors for major changes (CXO change, expansion or contraction of business etc.).
- Focused on entire IT opportunity
- Identifies opportunities to bring in specialists to expand the relationship
- Works with Finance/SEs/Specialists on Opportunities
- Owns increasing sales and revenue on the account
- Assists customers with expanding existing business
- Works with support teams to resolve business issues on existing service or open orders
- Owns renewing expiring services
- Minimum of 10 years of outside Business to Business technology sales experience in named' accounts
- Minimum of 3 years in Hosting, Cloud, sales or related high tech industry
- Proficiency with the MS Applications Suite of products; Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success in selling IT Infrastructure Services/Outsourcing
- Demonstrated success in selling to Financial Services or Banking clients
- C-level contacts at major financial institutions based in the USA
- Consultative selling experience and training
- Exudes high level of personal enthusiasm, energy and drive
- Opportunistic by nature
- Thrives on the quest for new business deals
- Adaptable and flexible
- Enjoys solving problems and keeps long term goals in mind throughout process
- Creative Problem solver
Bachelor's degree preferred
- Technical sales certifications (VCP, Cisco, etc.) preferred
- Consultative or solutions selling training (Miller Heiman, Sandler, etc.)
.This position description is not designed contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Alternate Location: US-Ohio-Cleveland
Requisition # : 121209
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.