Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
- Support inventory accounting responsibilities through monthly, quarterly and annual computations and reconciliations.
- Maintains inventory related financial control documentation and assists in the maintenance of the quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley audit process.
- Responsible for updating and correcting inventory costing in compliance with company's policy and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting with SAP and various other internal systems relating to inventory accounting functionalities.
- Carries out policies and procedures as defined in the quality manual.
- Continuous development through on-line training, schools, seminars and on-the-job training.
- Maintain an understanding of company's inventory costing methodology (primarily moving average cost) and how it effects inventory valuation.
- Develop and maintain accounting and process documentation related to the inventory costing process (process flows, narratives, Job Aids, etc.).
- Assists with the process to ensure perpetual inventory ledgers and subsystems are in agreement with the general ledger.
- Update and correct inventory costing.
- Prepare the Corporate excess and obsolete (E&O) calculation and reconciliation; review calculations of subsidiary locations to ensure accuracy.
- Create new and enhance existing inventory job aids and tools for accurate training for field and corporate personnel.
- Prepare corporate LIFO computations, reviewing subsidiary LIFO processes and results, and perform corporate reconciliation.
- Monitor and compile required documentation for customer owned inventory (WICO), calculate quarterly adjustment and perform the reconciliation.
- Prepare and reconcile annual 263 (A) Capitalized Warehousing calculation and study.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly inventory related journal entries.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of financial reporting and analytical reporting relating to inventory reporting.
- Prepare inventory Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Work with subsidiaries on various corporate reserve processes and calculations offering training to streamline and improve efficiencies on current processes.
- Work with field to resolve costing discrepancies, reconcile adjustments to accounts, and obtain necessary documentation.
- Integral team member in maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley control documentation and testing of internal controls over inventory reporting.
- Assists with projects to improve financial systems, processes and procedures with a focus on inventory matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance principles
- 1-2 years of Accounting experience (preferably Cost and/or General Accounting)
- Working knowledge of SAP or a similar ERP system is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access
- Basic Project Management skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to (see below) or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Cleveland OH, United States of America
Applied Industrial Technologies
Applied Industrial Technologies
3/20/2017 10:26:15 PM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.