Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Auto req ID: 4938BR
Title: Indirect Supply Base Analyst - Financial Services
Job Function: Materials Management
State and City: Illinois, Chicago
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
Harley-Davidson is seeking Supply Base Analyst within the Indirect Procurement team to be the primary interface at Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS) located in downtown Chicago, IL.
The Indirect Supply Base Analyst will be responsible for procurement and vendor management activity including (but not limited to): sourcing, complex professional service agreements, pricing negotiations, statement of work development, data security, risk mitigation, service level agreements, key performance indicators and ensuring minimum insurance requirements for internal stakeholders: (Consumer/Commercial Finance, Insurance, Collections, Call Centers, HR and Information Technology).
• Develop applicable category plans including industry trends, spend analytics and project pipeline.
• Develop and execute cost savings strategies to support company goals and departmental commitments.
• Engage and collaborate with internal Legal, Risk and Security departments to ensure contract compliance.
• Deliver value to the organization through developing RFx documents, evaluating supplier proposals (scope, cost, timing, resource modeling, risk, etc.), supplier recommendation and qualification in order to ensure project success.
• Educate stakeholders on procurement processes, roles & responsibilities, proper engagement and appropriate supplier facing communications.
• Support Harley-Davidson's diversity spend initiatives.
Bachelor's degree in Supply chain, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent.
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated performance in technical competencies of procurement, finance, and/or contract management.
• A global view of professional services and knowledge of industry trends for Financial, Banking, Insurance, Collections, Call Centers, and IT services.
• Excellent prioritization and project management skills.
• Ability to challenge the status quo and provide alternate solutions.
• Ability to lead external resources through indirect influence.
• Build and maintain strong internal relationships based on trust, credibility, clear expectations and open communication.
• Understanding of legal implications; terms and conditions required to protect the company (ownership, intellectual property, data security and liability/indemnification).
• Strong negotiation skills necessary to seek appropriate cost, quality and timing positions with suppliers.
• Professional, clear and effective communication to a variety of stakeholders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal)
• Strong analytical and communication skills that support leading through influence.
• Ability to develop a clear strategic sourcing strategy.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Exposure to a global supply base
Position will require up to 10-20 % travel for supplier visits, conferences etc.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0-10%
Chicago IL, United States of America
1/12/2017 3:56:55 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.