Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Requisition ID: 179895
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Bechtel's internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
Tax accounting interns at Bechtel will work in the San Francisco, CA office assisting the corporate tax team and corporate services. Work will be completed in a team environment and will provide knowledge, background, and exposure to anyone considering or pursuing a degree or career in taxation. Accounting and Finance Interns have a world of career opportunities at Bechtel.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions.
Tax Accounting Interns - San Francisco, CA
- Extract, analyze and compile financial data for tax return preparation purposes in the tax department at Bechtel Corporation, a large multinational corporation located in the financial district of San Francisco.
- Work as part of a team in developing tax returns and reports.
- Candidate will be exposed to various areas of the tax department (US Compliance, International and Planning) to allow for exposure to different processes that occur within the department and the finance group overall.
- Hands-on extracting information from various financial reporting systems.
- Utilizing tools in a Microsoft environment the basic modules of a tax preparation software program (Thomson Reuters OneSource).
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor's degree program in Accounting, Economics degree with emphasis in Accounting, or a Graduate Tax Program with undergraduate coursework in Accounting.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Membership in clubs/organizations that demonstrate familiarity with a team-oriented working environment.
- Positive communication skills are essential to maintain and ensure balance of work processes.
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
SanFrancisco,CA CA, United States of America
1/10/2017 8:24:24 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.